Recently

9 July 2014

Sunny Citrus Soap




Citrus-scented cosmetics are easily the greatest products on the planet. If you were to consider my all-time favourite Lush fragrance families (Calacas, Ponche and Karma), you'll see that I love everything that features some sort of zesty, fruity goodness. So when I read the ingredients list for this soap, I almost hyperventilated at the sheer thought of what it would be like.

Sunny Citrus is one of those soaps that doesn't get mentioned often on the Lush forum or indeed anywhere online where Lush is discussed. Neither does this soap get many opportunities to share itself with new and devoted fans - it's made very few appearances in the retro range over the last few years and only one recent feature in the Lush Kitchen. 

Yet I believe it's perhaps one of Lush's best-smelling citrus soaps - sitting above the likes of Orange Jelly, Mandarin's Tea Party and Sexy Peel. Sharing its fragrance with the Sicilian Bath Bomb, this gorgeous soap is made from a combination of mandarin, tangerine and orange oils with neroli and bergamot oil thrown in there to add an uplifting and refreshingly complex aroma. 

To me, this soap smells a little like the orange Starburst chew or a tropical Solero ice-cream. It's a beautiful, creamy orange smell with a lime twist to top it off. Whereas a few of the soaps mentioned above are equally as zesty, this one just seems that little bit richer and more decadent. At times this soap reminds me a little of a freshly made lemon cheesecake, and that's a smell I would happily bathe in all day long.

Lush describe it as the perfect soap to wake up to and I have to agree with this sentiment. When I used this first thing in the morning, it did perk me up and leave me feeling revitalised and ready for the day ahead. The yummy fragrance really helps to improve your disposition and this alone is enough of a reason to invest in a chunk next time it makes an appearance.

In the shower, this soap lathers up wonderfully and produces a slightly oily but very thick foam which nourishes the skin and leaves it feeling and smelling wonderful. Although I was slightly disappointed that the fragrance didn't seem to strengthen under the water, I was happy to find that I could smell the citrus elements of this for many hours on my skin, albeit fairly faintly.
As far as Sunny Citrus Soap goes, it's definitely one of my favourites and I will buy a few chunks when it next makes it's appearance. However, as I've mentioned a few times before, I'm not really a soap person and would much rather have a shower gel to sink my teeth into (not literally, of course!). For this reason, I hope that Lush expand upon what products they offer in this scent. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Perfume, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 42045.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.25 for 100g.
2017 Price: £4.25 for 100g.

Scent Family:
Sicilian Bath Bomb
Sunny Citrus Soap

No comments

Post a Comment


UP