Recently

5 July 2014

Marzibain Bubble Bar





In all honesty, I've cannot justify why it has taken me so long to use one of these gorgeous bubble bars. It's not even as if I wasn't aware of the scent it possessed, which might have given me a slight pardon for my actions. All I can say, is now that I have finally managed to enjoy one of these, punishment comes in knowing that Lush have discontinued them and I have no opportunity to stock up on them.

Marzibain Bubble Bar is a firm favourite amongst Lushies, old and new, and boasts at being the only Christmas product that Lush have featured all year round. Sharing it's scent with the popular limited edition Snow Cake Soap, this bubble bar is a feast for the senses.    

To look at, it's nothing special; a cream coloured oval block garnished with an almond in the centre. You can choose to use it for one luxurious bath, or like most of Lush's bubble bars, break it in half for two equally gorgeous experiences. Being the greedy bugger that I am, I always opt to use the whole bar, however the choice is yours. 

To use any of Lush's bubble bars, you can either crumble it under running water, or as I do; hold it directly under the flow of the tap, which I find creates more bubbles. As soon as the water hits the bar, lots of bubbles start to form and disperse throughout the tub. Within a few seconds, the gorgeous fragrance begins to waft around the bathroom and seep into your senses. And what a scent it is!

As the name suggests, this bar smells exactly like marzipan - a yummy, almond-dominated scent with a spicy kick brought to you courtesy of the Benzoin Resinoid. The addition of Cassie and rose absolute oils, means that there is an edge of sophistication which gives this product a lovely, multi-layered fragrance. It's good enough to eat, and I'll admit that I was tempted to have a nibble of Marzibain before I used it in the bath.

I love this bubble bar; it turns the water a milky white colour and leaves my skin feeling moisturised and wickedly pampered. The bubbles are silky soft and encase you in their velvety grip, leaving you feeling and smelling like a queen/king. Many people have complained that this bubble bar harvests very little scent, and many were very dissappointed that it wasn't stronger than it was. However, I didn't find this at all. It was perfectly scented and the fragrance remained with me throughout the entire experience, permeating my skin so that the smell stayed with me for many hours after I had exited the bath.

The only difference I noted between this bubble bar and the shower gel and perfume variations, is that the sweetness of the Cassie absolute wasn't as dominating as it was in both of these products. This didn't make it any less gorgeous though, and only helped in cementing this as one of my all time favourite bubble bars.
   
Ultimately, Marzibain Bubble Bar is a highly sensual and rather sophisticated product that makes the water and your body gorgeously soft and fragrant. It's an experience I look forward to when Lush next decide to bring this back again and I'm hoping it will make a reappearance very soon. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Benzoin Resinoid, Cassie Absolute, Rose Absolute, Whole Almond, Benzyl Benzoate.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:




No comments

Post a Comment


UP