Recently

20 July 2014

All Good Things Liquid Perfume



I've never been more excited about a perfume than I have been for this one. When Lush first announced it in the Kitchen last week, the description instantly grabbed my attention - 'a sweet, boozy stumble down a basement staircase in a cloud of candyfloss, and black pepper.' I really couldn't imagine how these smells would fair in a perfume, so naturally I had to invest.

All Good Things is probably the most boring perfume to look at. With a simple strip of yellow around the bottle and the name etched in white, this design isn't very interesting and wouldn't immediately attract your attention. However, it's description is enough to inspire the curious to take a sniff, and perhaps it is this reason that Lush have opted to keep it basic. 

Inspired by the 'bittersweet ending of a relationship', this perfume is a strong and rather complex fragrance - one that matures wonderfully on the skin and smells even better once your warmth has released the different notes.

This perfume is made up of cedarwood, rose and cade oil and tonka absolute, and it is the former ingredient that first makes it's presence known in the bottle. To begin with, the scent reminds me a little of the dominant note in Breath of God - it's a strong, rich and rather woody offering. Except, unlike BoG, this perfume has a sweetness to it that stops it being so pungent. 

Alongside the smokiness of the wood, there is a definite layer of both rose and tonka, and these two combined make this a wonderfully thick and musky perfume. The rose adds a rich but gentle floral layer whilst the tonka compliments this with a natural sugary note. Both of these ingredients dampen the woody element of the perfume and give a wonderfully rich and thick fragrance.                                                                                                                                                       What I love about All Good Things is that the scent continues to develop long after you've applied it to the skin. Within twenty minutes or so, I noticed that the woody notes began to disperse a little whilst the sweet and floral layers remained. Over time, this allows the perfume to mature into more of a musky vanillary fragrance with just a sprinkling of rose and a dash of cedarwood. 
While I wouldn't say that this was a unisex perfume, the complexity of the smells - with both the sweet and smokey, prevents this from being solely a feminine fragrance. Fans who like scents such as Snow Fairy and Creamy Candy, but find them a little two-dimensional to wear as a perfume, might really enjoy this new addition to the Lush family. 

All Good Things is very long-lasting on the skin - I found that I could still detect it some 5-6 hours after I had initially sprayed it. Priced at £20 for a 10ml bottle, it is one of the more expensive perfumes in the new collection. However, you need to apply very little with each use and I can see a small vial lasting me a long time. Another interesting and exciting release from Lush! 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Cedarwood Oil, Rose Oil, Tonka Absolute, Cade Oil, Anise Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone.

Vegan?: Yes

Scent Family:
All Good Things Liquid Perfume
All Good Things Solid Perfume
Calm Down Scalp Milk
Soak N' Float Solid Shampoo

4 comments

  1. I just received this one today!! Instant love!! Behind the boring name and label is a really wonderful scent - as you say a close relative of Breath of God. Starts out BOG and morphs down into a sweet Vanillary-tonka smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although i like this, I find the cade oil too much (and shares the similar scent to an anti psoriasis shampoo I use) so I just use it as a posh air freshener instead! I wish Lush customers could purchase a sample of these perfumes before they are released. It's a lot to spend on a perfume we may dislike as we cannot try them in store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - they should bring out a set of each set of scents like they used to do, so you can spend £10 on a small sample of each of the fragrances before you invest in a more expensive bottle! I see what you mean about the cade oil - it's definitely at the forefront when you first spray it, but I find that it settles down really quickly so it doesn't bother me that much.

      Delete
  3. how long did you find the 10ml vial last you

    ReplyDelete


UP